The process is a generic description of some elements of an ordering process.
It focuses on the interaction between supplier and distributor, or between supplier and retailer.
It does not describe internal activities of the individual player.
Order includes the following sub processes:
- Confirm order
Areas affected by, and subject to guidelines from STAND are:
- Order and order confirmation process using EDI for deliveries from supplier to distributor or retailer, and Crossdocking deliveries
- Which EDI messages to use for given forms of distribution, as well as deadlines for when to be sent
- EDI exchange agreement
- Content in the EDI messages and how to implement these for the following messages
- Order receipt
- Order confirmation
- Use of bilateral agreements for distribution of shelf life, for products covered by this
- Evaluation of the delivery ability of ordered products