The policies include traceability for:
- commodities, plants, animals or food stuff
- materials and objects that are intended to encounter, or may affect, commodities or food stuff.
The guidelines are recommended for foods and non-food products, except for pharmaceuticals.
Areas not described in the guidelines
- Internal tracking systems
- Fodder, allergic practices and agricultural practices, including the use of GMOs
- Prevention of pollution (e.g. disinfectants)
- Development and implementation of quality assurance in a company
- Implementation of product and / or pallet labelling systems, etc.
The above areas are not described in the guidelines, but do not mean that there are no provisions or regulations for this elsewhere.